A successful podcast has thousands, if not millions, of regular listeners. These listeners come from different platforms and they each have their specific preferences. Some like to listen to all their favorite podcasts on Spotify while others want to add their favorite channels to their Apple playlist. If you want to get more listeners for your content, you need to cast the widest possible net. You need to submit your podcast on as many popular platforms as you can. But how do you submit your podcast to each these? That’s what we’re covering today.
It is essential to understand the difference between a podcast host and a directory. The former stores your files and makes them accessible, and you can connect it to your website, blog, or a directory.
A directory is a public platform that shows your podcasts to millions of users and gives them easy access to the content. Directories don’t actively host content. They are just platforms that allow listeners to browse through hundreds of different channels and hear content from multiple vendors. Here’s a look at some of these platforms and how you can submit your podcast to them:
1. How to Submit Your Podcast to Apple Podcasts
Apple is the most popular platform in this industry. Around 75% of your listeners will come from Apple Podcasts or iTunes, which means it is crucial to establish your presence on the platform immediately after you launch your podcast. Here’s how you can submit your podcast to this directory:
- Have a valid and working Apple Id and sign in to iTunes Podcast Connect.
- Click on the ‘Plus’ symbol at the top left of the dashboard.
- Enter your podcast’s RSS feed information into the box and click the validate button.
- You’ll see a feed review. Check all of the information, including description, artwork, general information, etc., and make sure there are no errors.
- Check the validation errors and make sure your upload complies with Apple’s requirements.
- If everything is in order, click on the submit button.
Apple moderates submissions and will assess your content before allowing it on their platform. This can take anywhere between a few hours to 10 days.
2. How to Submit Your Podcast to Spotify
Spotify is just as popular as Apple Podcasts, but it is more accessible. The app can be downloaded on both Apple and Android platforms and performs well on all devices. Spotify also allows users to listen to content for free, which makes it more appealing. Here’s s look at how to submit podcasts to Spotify:
- Log in to Spotify for Podcasters with your Spotify account.
- Click on the Get Started button on the add your podcast page.
- Read all of the terms and conditions carefully and add your legal name before clicking Continue.
- Add your RSS feed to the box that pops up on the screen and click ‘Next.’
- If there’s any problem with the submission, it will show up on the screen. You need to fix these issues before moving forward.
- If there are no issues, you’ll see a preview of your content with the podcasts, artwork, descriptions, etc.
- Click on Add Podcast Info and enter the required details before pressing submit.
Your channel will show up on the Spotify platform after 2 to 5 days, but in most cases, the content is visible within a few hours.
3. How to Submit Your Podcast to Google Podcasts App
Google Podcast might not be as popular as Spotify and Apple, but it does have a sizable audience. The platform provides many exciting features and detailed analytics that can help you succeed in your podcasting career. Here’s a look at how you can upload content on this platform:
- Log onto the Google Play Podcast Portal.
- You’ll find an ‘Add a Podcast’ button. Click on it.
- Copy the RSS information from your hosting platform and paste it on the pop-up box.
- Click ‘Submit RSS Feed.’ You’ll be asked to verify the ownership of the content via e-mail.
- Review all the information entered into your podcast and make sure there are no errors.
- Publish the podcast and wait for Google to approve it.
Approval can take a few days, but your content will go live as soon as you get it. Google will manually review the content before approving it.
4. How to Submit Your Podcast to Stitcher
Stitcher is also a popular podcast directory. It works on a wide range of platforms like iPad, iPhone, PC, Android, and even smart speakers. Here’s a look at how you can submit your content on it:
- You need to create a content provider profile on Stitcher first.
- Log into the newly created account and click on the Add Show button.
- Copy and paste your RSS feed into the box and click the submit button.
- Wait for Stitcher to approve.
Approval only takes a few hours to a few days, depending on your content. The content goes live as soon as it is approved.
These are just some of the many options available to podcasters. It can be challenging to upload your content and manage your audience on all of them, but it is a good idea to invest in multiple platforms. Don’t want to take on this task. Rocket Podcasts would be happy to handle this for you. We’ll make sure you have a strong presence on all popular directories.